In preparation and Submitted Articles
1. Statins as neuroprotective agents in PD animal model
2. Silymarine as a neuroprotective agent in diabetic neuropathy
3. Effect of vitamine D3 on experimental diabetic nephropathy and neuropathy in rats
4. Study of networks changes for swiss albino mice memory in response to different environmental stressors
Reviews (Peer-Reviewed and/or with impact factor)
- Mohamed WM, Jean-Christophe Cassel, Ben Hamids Sami, Anne Pereira de Vasconcelos, Jones BC. MDMA: Interactions with other psychoactive drugs. Pharmacology, Biochemistry and Behavior. 2011 ; 99 :759-74 IF : 2.62
- Mohamed WM, Hamida SB, de Vasconcelos AP, Cassel JC, Jones BC. Interactions between3, 4-Methylenedioxymethamphetamine and Ethanol in Humans and Rodents. Neuropsychobiology. 2009; 60(3-4): 188-94 IF: 2.56
Original Articles (Peer-Reviewed and/or with impact factor)
- Mohamed WM, Unger EL, Kambhampati SK, Jones BC. Methylphenidate improves cognitive deficits produced by infantile iron deficiency in rats. Behav Brain Res. 2010 ; 216 (1):146-52 IF : 3.39
- Yousef WM, H. Fallah Huseini, B. Larijani, H. Fakhrzadeh, S.B. Radjabipour, R. Heshmat, R. Heydar. Clinical investigations of silybum marianum seed extract (silymarin) treatment in type-II diabetic patients. J Pharmacological and Toxicological Methods. 2007; 56:e8 IF: 2.31
- Yousef WM, Morsy MD, Abdel-Waheed MM, Ghanayem NM, Omar AH. Reno-protective effects of ACE inhibitors and calcium channel blockers in diabetic hypertensive nephropathy in rats. J Pharmacological and Toxicological Methods. 2007; 56 (2):e7 IF: 2.31
- Yousef WM, Omar AH, Ghanayem NM, El-Wahed MM, Morsy MD. Effect of some calcium channel blockers in experimentally induced diabetic nephropathy in rats. International Journal Of Diabetes and Metabolism.2006;14:39-49.
- Yousef WM, Omar AH, Morsy MD, Abd El-Wahed MM, Ghanayem NM. The mechanism of action of calcium channel blockers in the treatment of diabetic nephropathy. International Journal of Diabetes and Metabolism. 2005;13:76-82.
- Yousef WM, Morsy MD, Abdel-Waheed MM, Ghanayem NM, Omar AH. Effect of some calcium channel blockers in experimentally induced diabetic nephropathy in rats. Iranian Journal of Pharmacology & Therapeutics. 2004;3:45-56.
Other Publications (Non-Peer-Reviewed, without impact factor) :
- Mohamed, Wael MY. Neurobehavioral sequale of early iron deficiency in rats. NAN Bulletin, Vol 27, No 1, P9, 2013 (Link)
- Mohamed, Wael MY. Psychology in Egypt : Challenges and Hopes. Psychology International Newsletter. 2012; 23(1) :1-3. (Link)
- PhD Dissertation : Neurobehavioral Sequelae of Early Iron Deficiency in Rats. (Link)
3. Mohamed, Wael MY (2008): Arab and Muslim contributions to modern neuroscience. IBRO History of Neuroscience. (Link)
4. Mohamed, Wael MY (2008): The Edwin Smith Surgical Papyrus: Neuroscience in Ancient Egypt. IBRO History of Neuroscience. (Link)