Be Realistic:…… It's Not a Nobel Prize
- When you are doing a PhD you are learning how to do a PhD; you are not expected to know this in advance.
- Original work does not mean a cure for cancer. In reality it means one small step in advancing existing knowledge.
- Do not go off on tangents in the hope of answering 'The question', stay focused.
- You have a cast iron guarantee right now that your thesis will not, cannot, and probably should not, be perfect.
- Separate yourself from your PhD. It's a bunch of thoughts on a piece of paper, it's not you. Put it in perspective.
- Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.......Oscar Wilde